Everything is a miracle now...

My photo
This is not the life I planned on leading when I was little and dreamed of the future... its better than I could've ever dreamed. I am an ordinary mom, blessed by God with an extraordinary little boy. I'm honest and I choose to see everything in life as a miracle.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

7 isn't a lucky number lately...

7 (probably more that I'm unaware of) precious CHDers have been lost in the past few days. Its heartbreaking and terrifying, but I will keep faith and pray for these families. We have to take one day at a time. Last night, I found myself just staring at Emmett without even realizing it. I was staring at his sweet little curls, his loooooong eyelashes and beautiful blue eyes, his perfect nose and full lips. He has the most infectious smile of any child I've ever known. He is so far beyond beautiful its ridiculous...not only outside, but inside. Its so hard to imagine him not here with us, even though the negative/scary thoughts can creep in sometimes. I got him a t-shirt the other day that said "LifeSaver" on it- it was made to look like a lifeguard's shirt- because he has saved our lives. Maybe not physically, as a lifeguard does, but emotionally. He's a lifeguard of the heart and soul...haha :-). Emmett has brought so much more to our lives than we could ever give to him. He has made us the very best of who we can be. For me, he's taught me about life and love, and brought a happiness like no other. He's brought passion and inspiration. Because of him, I want to BE more and truly live. There are no words to describe my love and adoration for him. I am so grateful to have him, "broken" heart and all. I would go through everything we've been through over and over again for him. He hasn't had the easiest road, but he's here and he's HIM. and that means so much more to me than having an ordinary baby. He's extraordinary and he makes life extraordinary! I will thank God every single second for his life, and for giving me the most amazing responsibility and trusting me with such a miraculous, special little boy. Emmett for STRENGTH! <3



a few things I would like to add:
*Congenital Heart Defects are America's and every other country's #1 birth defect
*CHDs are the leading cause of infant deaths and #1 cause of birth defect related deaths (in America)
*aprx. 40,000 babies are born every year with CHD. Many won't see their first birthdays and thousands will die before adulthood.
* For the first time, more than 50% of CHD survivors are adults (AWESOME!)
*In the United States, twice as many children die from congenital heart defects each year than from all forms of childhood cancer combined, yet funding for pediatric cancer research is five times higher than funding for CHD. 
*There are more than 40 different types of congenital heart defects. Little is known about the cause of most of them. There is no known prevention or cure for any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment